Music plays a very important role in the lives of our young students at St John's.
Experiencing the many facets of music, benefits children in many ways:
- Increases concentration, self discipline, self esteem and team work.
- Enriches and extends a pupil's learning experience in school.
- Makes pupils' more positive about music and music education.
- Results in a lifelong interest in music
We place a great importance in the development of music at St John's.
Children in St John's experience music in many ways. Some examples include:
- Singing songs from their Religious programme.
- Performing topical, religious and action songs at assembly each week.
- Preparing music and songs for our Sacramental celebrations
- Performing at our Musical performances in CRAIC Theatre.
- Weekly specialised music and tin whistle classes.
- Christmas Nativity performances in St Columcille's Church.